Glazer Design & Construction, LLC, a Marietta contractor, has been doing renovations, remodeling and new home construction Marietta since 1995. Remodeling services that we provide include full home remodeling, kitchen renovations and bathroom remodels. For businesses we build out new store locations and renovate existing buildings for retail stores, restaurants and offices.
Randy Glazer, founder of Glazer Construction, and his family are big fans of the Historic Marietta Square and Angels Burritos. For a sweet treat after dinner its tough to beat Pino Gelato or Sarah Jeans ice cream. “Marietta has everything you want in a place to live, lots of housing options, great recreation options and a central focal point like the Square. For a contractor its a great place to work because you get to work on a range of home styles.”
Here are some local stats about living in Marietta:
- Average Listing Price: $367,871
- Median Sales Price: $233,950
- Population: 56,579 (2010)
- Median Family Income: $47,340
- Top Employers: WellStar Kennestone Hospital, YKK, Alere, Columbian Chemicals, C. W. Matthews Contracting Co., Tip Top Poultry, Marietta City Schools, Cobb County School District, U.S. Security Associate, Cobb County
- # of Elementary Schools: 8 (A.L. Burruss, Dunleith, Hickory Hills, Lockheed, Marietta Center for Advanced Academics, Park Street, Sawyer Road, and West Side)
- # Middle Schools: 2 (Marietta Middle School, grades 7 and 8; Marietta Sixth Grade Academy)
- # of High Schools: 1 (Marietta High School )
- # of Colleges: 2 (Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU), and Life University)
More Information is available at the Marietta Wikipedia page.
Marietta Contractor Services
Marietta has a mix of home styles from the historic home districts to newer subdivisions. With different building phases from the 1830’s to present day there is a wide range of styles and size homes. While new construction continues, many homes built prior to the 90’s are great candidates for updates. From bungalows to ranch style homes, there is opportunity to increase living space through a full home renovation.
In the older homes kitchens are a great place to start your renovations. In the Atlanta area kitchen renovations return up to 73% of the cost in terms of home value. Many of the update requests we receive include larger kitchens, opening up the kitchen to living spaces, new floors and lighting, cabinet replacements and upgraded appliance. In addition to the home value increase, an updated kitchen provides a more functional space to prepare meals and entertain guests.
Bathrooms in older homes typically lack the space and conveniences that we have come to expect in a home. Its why bathroom renovations, year after year, continue to be at the top of the list of remodeling requests receive. Increased space, whirlpool tubs, stand-alone showers, new fixtures and updated flooring are frequently included in plans. In Atlanta you can expect to recoup about 53% of the cost in increased home value.
Commercial Build-outs and Renovations
Marietta has a diverse collection of land and spaces available for build outs and older buildings to be customized via commercial renovations. As the fourth largest cities by population in the Atlanta area, there is a large potential customs base.