Glazer Design & Construction, LLC, a Decatur contractor, has been renovating, remodeling and constructing new homes in Decatur since 1995. We’ve also helped local businesses with remodeling and store build outs. Residential projects include complete home renovations, kitchen upgradesand bathroom renovations. On the commercial side we’ve worked with restaurant build outs, retail renovations, and office conversions.
Randy Glazer, founder of Glazer Construction, and his family live near Decatur and enjoy dining out at some of their favorites including Cakes and Ale, No. 246, and of course the hamburgers at Farm Burger. “Decatur is a great little city with a long history, great selection of restaurants, and if you’re looking for a night out of music, Eddie’s Attic is tough to beat”.
If you’re looking for a great place to live you can’t beat Decatur. Here is some info about housing in Decatur:
- Average Listing Price: $162,485
- Median Sales Price: $156,600
- Population: 19,335 (2010)
- Median Family Income: $73,602
- # of Elementary Schools: 6 (Carl G. Renfroe Middle School, The 4/5 Academy at Fifth Avenue, Glenwood Elementary, Clairemont Elementary
Oakhurst Elementary and Winnona Park Elementary)
- # of Secondary Schools: 1 (Decatur High School)
- Private Schools: 3 (Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic School, St. Martin in the Fields Episcopal School, and Marist School)
- Colleges: 4 (Agnes Scott College, Columbia Theological Seminary, Emory University [located northwest of Decatur, in nearby unincorporated DeKalb County] and Georgia Perimeter College
More Information is available at the Decatur Wikipedia page.
Decatur Contractor Services
Founded in 1822, 15 years before Atlanta, Decatur has a variety of older home styles including Craftsman Cottages, American Foursquare to Ranch style homes. Many of these homes are great candidates for home renovations and expansions. If you’re looking for a Decatur contractor we know the area well and have completed renovation projects, new construction and commercial renovations.
In older areas like Decatur a large part of the charm is the older homes available. The downside is that kitchen needs have changed significantly and most would benefit from a kitchen renovation. We tend to find that in these older homes we get requests to expand the kitchen layout and update cabinets, flooring, lighting and appliances. These changes drastically improve the functionality and have a positive impact on home value.
Along with smaller kitchens, these older homes tend to often have one bathroom that is typically small. Another great improvement for functionality and resale value is to expand and remodel the existing bath and to add additional baths. Common upgrade requests we receive include adding a separate shower, a free standing jacuzzi or soaker tub, new fixtures, heated flooring, and mood lighting. These changes allow you to keep the older character of the home while adding modern conveniences.