Did you Know that May is National Remodeling Month? To celebrate, let’s check in with the Atlanta chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry. NARI frequently offers contractors and homeowners alike a bounty of remodeling resources, and if you’re considering an Atlanta home renovation this spring, it’s important to know what’s hot and what’s not.
Top 4 Remodeling Trends for 2011
According to CBS Money Watch, the following are the 4 most popular home remodeling trends for 2011:
- Repairs. Many people are opting to take care of their homes’ needs as opposed to their own remodeling wants. If you need a new roof, structural repairs or plumbing fixes, take care of these before venturing into larger, less necessary home improvements.
- Contractor research. NARI states that consumers are doing more research these days, ensuring they find a company or contractor that they can trust and who will complete the job correctly.
- Green remodeling is still a growing trend, and homeowners are still looking for ways to increase their home’s environmental friendliness while reducing it’s carbon footprint and energy costs.
- Remodeling for the future. Many homeowners are improving their homes not only for aesthetics, they’re also looking ahead and planning renovations around their future needs.
Top 3 Green Remodeling Trends for 2011
Since eco – friendly remodeling shows no signs of slowing, let’s also look at NARI’s top 3 green remodeling trends for 2011, all of which were featured in EcoHome Magazine.
- Homeowners will take advantage of incentives to upgrade inefficiencies within the home. This means taking advantage of tax credits for installing energy efficient windows and appliances.
- Many people are avoiding hazardous ingredients in the home and looking for healthier alternatives, such as selecting zero – VOC paints and non – toxic cleaning products.
- Water conservation, next to energy conservation, is high on the environmentally – aware homeowner’s list. Slow flow faucets, multi – flush toilets and other water – saving features are prominent in green home remodeling.
While remodeling your Atlanta home should be in part for your pleasure, keep property value and the environment in mind while making improvements.
Celebrate National Remodeling Month by contacting Glazer Design and Construction at 404.683.9848, or email Randy@GlazerConstruction.com to learn how you can update your space.