When planning remodeling projects, it’s always a good idea to consider the season. Adding a deck in spring means you can enjoy your outdoor living spaces during the warmer months, while replacing the roof in the winter protects your home from colder, more inclement weather.
Fall is no different. There are several remodeling projects ideal for this season – some small and less expensive, others large and likely to alter your entire space.
Top 5 Fall Remodeling Projects
- Think about remodeling projects that will help keep your house warm as fall and winter arrive. On a grand scale, you may want to replace those old, drafty windows or install heated floors in the bathrooms. On a smaller, more budget-friendly scale, you may think about having new installation put in the attic or installing fresh weather stripping around your doors.
- Improve the spaces you’ll use most. If you plan on taking long, hot baths this fall, consider revamping your bathroom. Go big and have an oversized tub built in, or scale back on your fall remodeling with fresh light fixtures and new, clean, energy-efficient faucets.
- Don’t think that cooler weather means you can’t use your outdoor spaces. Call a contractor and discuss having an outdoor fireplace built. If you don’t have the budget for large outdoor fall remodeling projects, check home improvement stores for deals on chimineas or fire bowls.
- Change the colors in your home. For many people, the onset of colder weather dampens their moods. If you fall into this category, consider brightening the home with a few fresh coats of paint.
- Update your kitchen. Keeping your kitchen current can be an appropriate home remodeling project in nearly every season, but this fall, consider installing a gas range, energy-saving appliances or flooring that provides better insulation. For more affordable updates, think about investing in more modern cabinet doors or sprucing up the walls with a tiled backsplash.
Updating your home doesn’t have to cost a fortune, but remember, big budget remodeling does offer you the opportunity to greatly increase the value and usability of your space. If you’re in the market for fall renovations this season, be sure to discuss your plans with a reputable contractor. Call Glazer Design and Construction at 404.683.9848 or you can email Randy@GlazerConstruction.com.